Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tangled Web Pendants

"Oh what a tangled web we weave...." You know the quote. I'm always getting tangled up starting new projects and this time, I went all the way. I saw instructions for a similar project in a magazine and decided to make my own version. Here's how they turned out:




My husband Jim's maternal grandfather is an avid rockhunter and has spent many years finding, shaping, grinding and polishing all types of rocks. My lovely mother-in-law obtained some of these and I use them to create my pendants.



I also want to start the search for some really small, matching cabochons (that's the stone in the middle of all the wire), so that I can try my hand at making a set of earrings. Each piece is unique, so I'm not sure how successful I'll be at earrings. It would be fun to try, though!




It's fun to make them, however, I haven't been too successful in finding the appropriate market yet. Some are available on Etsy.com. Others are in the partially-completed stage and the rest reside in my imagination! I also do custom orders and have had a couple of those that ended in happy customers. I hope to discover the right place to display and sell my little darlings. Any suggestions?

1 comment: